Sep 9, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow prefers to accept supporting

  
Gwyneth-Paltrow-happy-with-lesser-roles
Gwyneth Paltrow prefers to accept supporting roles since she became a mother.
The Oscar-winning actress has two kids with husband Chris Martin – Apple, seven, and Moses, five. She finds it difficult to commit to lead movie roles because she doesn’t like spending time away from her kids.
"I still haven't done a starring role in a movie since I had my daughter because it means too many days away,” she said at the press conference for her new movie Contagion at the Venice Film Festival. "I can't do it. So I do good supporting roles, basically."
In Contagion, Gwyneth plays an adulterous wife who unknowingly brings a deadly virus into America. The star insists she enjoyed spending long periods of time in make-up trailers to ensure she looked like a dying woman.
"It was fun. I liked all the gory make-up and it was a change, it was nice,” she explained. “It was exciting."
The 38-year-old star refuses to get too worried about the threat of a deadly disease destroying the world’s population.
"We live in an over-populated planet and the farming practices, the way we're cutting down forests, we're going to be seeing more of this kind of thing but you can worry or just not worry,” she added. "You can be smart and if you're going somewhere where your body is not used to those germs, there are things you can do but I'm not overly paranoid about it.
"I have lots of fears but I think it's important to remember the reason we have fear is to keep us alive. But it can also very quickly become an irrational thing so I always try to minimise fear.”
Contagion – which also stars Kate Winslet, Matt Damon and Jude Law – is released worldwide from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment